Marketing Your Business More Effectively
5 years ago
As a small and local business or new startup, you may not have the time, the staff or the resources to market your business effectively. With over 17 years of marketing experience in a variety of industries, Prime Mix Marketing allows companies of all sizes to outsource their marketing tasks on a flexible basis. As a business owner, you can choose to outsource all your marketing strategy and support to us, or alternatively just the elements you need, bridging a gap in your in-house marketing skill set or simply freeing up more of your time so that you can get on with running your business.
Should you decide not to outsource your marketing tasks to a specialist like Prime Mix Marketing, here are our top 10 tips for marketing yourself effectively.
1. Have a strong brand identity – Every business needs a strong brand identity. This will ensure the business continues to grow and will strengthen its position in the market. Good branding elevates and differentiates your like-for-like products or services and gives your customers a reason to choose you over your competitors. See our blog – Building a brand identity
2. Have a responsive website – With an increasing amount of web traffic coming in from different sources it is essential that your website is optimized for usage to improve user-experience and functionality.
3. Create relevant content on your website – Fresh and helpful content helps engage readers, builds valuable links and attracts leads which all generate sales.
4. Open as many communication channels as appropriate – Get your name out there to increase your profile and audience. Promote yourself wherever you can, be it on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. This can be quite time consuming but is extremely important if you’re to make an online presence. Should you need our help, Prime Mix Marketing can manage your social media platforms for you. We will act as part of your team and drip feed communication, so you can get on with running your business. Last year Prime Mix Marketing came runner up in the Social Media Employee of the Year Award, something the team is very proud of!
5. Network with other local businesses – Referrals and word of mouth are the most powerful forms of advertising. Build relationships with professionals and other businesses you would happily refer your customers to, and who can send referrals your way too. #Worcestershirehour is a regular weekly hour on Twitter during which local businesses communicate and interact with each other. Our social media support packages can be designed to include interaction on Monday evening’s #worcestershirehour should you wish.
6. Publish regular interesting and engaging material – News pieces, blog posts and well-structured articles can all feed into your website and will increase traffic and thus the likelihood of a sale. Not sure what to write about? Our team have over 17 years’ experience in all aspects of marketing and PR within businesses and can write interesting material regarding company news, staff promotions, new product launches or changes to industry regulation.
7. Communicate regularly with your customers and prospects – Through e-shots and newsletters, communicating with your customers can help to generate leads and sales for existing products. Ensuring the information you send is informal, helpful and interesting will encourage the recipient to read the content, as opposed to ignoring it. Prime Mix Marketing can design stylish e-shot templates along with interesting and relevant content to send out in regular targeted e-shot campaigns as part of their flexible integrated marketing support packages.
8. Make the right impression – First impressions count for everything. Whether it is sending quotes or handing out flyers and business cards to potential customers, make sure you make the right impression with high quality, eye-catching marketing material and business stationery. Designing and organising this material can be very time consuming if you’re trying to do it yourself. Let us here at Prime Mix Marketing handle the whole process for you, leaving you free to run your business.
9. Follow up queries – Ensure you follow up on all leads, reply to phone messages, queries and questions. Thank customers for their feedback, communicate with them online and participate in conversations wherever you find them. Again, this can be quite time consuming and can often be put to one side in favour of other business activities. Prime Mix Marketing can assist by managing this process for you, leaving you free to do what you do best.
10. Find creative ways to compete with your competition – Research your competition and offer something that they do not. If you cannot beat the competition on their price, find alternative ways to increase the value of your product or service. Our Marketing consultancy services will research what you are currently doing, how effective this activity is and what you need to put in place to track results. We can look at a variety of different activities that will compete with your competition and boost sales.
Marketing your business effectively is extremely important. You might offer the very best products and services but if you aren’t marketing yourself correctly, how do prospects know who you are and what you do? Why not trial our support packages with our pay-as-you-go services? For further information, please call Christina on 07719 430267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org