Are you prepared for Going Live on social media?
7 months ago
You can ‘Go Live’ on Instagram, Facebook and even LinkedIn has introduced them. Doing a live means just that, a live video through your social media platform talking directly to your audience and interacting with them in real time.
There are many different reasons for doing a live, but the main one would be to talk directly to your audience whilst they comment and engage with you, and others in your community, in real time. Lives can be saved, and people can continue to comment on them, often using the hashtag replay. The benefit of a live is that it gives you a two-way conversation remotely whilst gaining instant feedback from your followers.
What you can do a live for:
There are many ways to use lives to sell your services as a strong part of your social media strategy and as a result of doing these regularly your target audience will become more familiar with you.
You can do a live just to introduce yourself, your business, show your workspace or even to launch a new product or service.
Training can be delivered using lives. It is a great way to share your expertise with others whilst showing potential clients what you can do for them.
Some venues are now successfully using lives to do virtual tours.
Employers can use a live to show potential candidates a workspace and introduce the business as a part of their employee branding.
Ten Tips for doing a live:
- Don’t worry about what you look like too much, many people are just impressed and grateful that you have turned up.
- Have some branding visible in the background
- Practice if you want it to be seamless
- Have some answers ready for potential questions you foresee and be prepared to say you’ll get back to them if you can’t answer immediately
- Tell everyone at the outset why you are going live
- Invite people to ask questions as you talk for a two-way conversation or deliver your speech and answer at the need but tell them what the format is.
- Say hello to people as they join (you can just use the wave button if you are talking)
- Try to be consistent, and go live on the same day at the same time so your followers get to know the routine
- Provide value, your audience are generally looking for hints and tips
- Just do it – stop making excuses
Have a go at a live and tag us in so we can see how you get on. If you need help with your social media strategy we would be delighted to help you contact us to make social media your prime focus.